Mitchell Martin Healthcare LLC
This position reports to the Director of Infection Prevention and Control. Our client is a top-tiered northern NJ hospital system.
The primary purpose of the Infection Control Practitioner/Preventionist position is to assist in the implementation of the Infection Prevention Program according to standards set by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Occupational Safety and Health Administration/Public Employee Occupational Safety and Health, The Joint Commission, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other regulatory agencies. Provides Infection Control education to staff, patients and visitors.
Service provided is patient centered.
Actively contributes to creating a friendly, welcoming and safe environment for patients and their families
Communicates clearly to ensure understanding.
Responds to complaints and concerns by resolving issues immediately whenever possible.
Organizes work process to accommodate customer needs, including internal customers and co-workers.
Meets or exceeds customer expectations for service.
Acts as a role model for Service Excellence.
Maintains professional composure in the work place.
1. Works effectively with team to ensure customer
2. Performs surveillance activities to detect, analyze, document and report hospital-associated and other infections within assigned areas.
3. Reports required infections to the New Jersey Department of Health through the National Healthcare Surveillance Network.
4. Ensure appropriate isolation precautions are in place for patients with organisms requiring such precautions
5. Monitors healthcare provider compliance with isolation precautions and hand hygiene.
6. Provides infection Control orientation to new hospital staff and volunteers.
7. Provides formal and informal Infection Control education to staff, patients and visitors in assigned areas as needed.
8. Responsible for epidemiology follow up and detection of potential outbreaks within the hospital, with reporting of same to health authorities.
9. Acts as liaison for the Infection Control Program within the hospital and with external agencies.
10. Maintains good working relationship with supervisory personnel throughout the facility.
11. Works with supervisors in assigned areas to monitor and ensure that fit-testing is done for hospital staff that needs to wear an N95 respirator.
12. Understands and adheres to Hospital’s compliance standards as they appear in Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
13. Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and University Hospital regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required.
Registered Nurse licensed to practice in the state of New Jersey required. BSN plus one (1) year of nursing experience required, or 4 years of nursing experience for the degree is preferred. MPH or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or a relevant healthcare field required, plus two (2) years of experience in Infection Control required.Infection Control experience preferred.
Current certification in Infection Control/Prevention preferred, or must obtain certification within two (2) years of practice, and maintain certification ongoing.
Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Credentials required: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey, BSN
Mitchell Martin Healthcare LLC