Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is yes, then we invite you to become a Lab Assistant in the Immunohematology Reference Lab at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.!
Lab Technicians in the Immunohematology Reference Lab (IRL) perform basic & guided intermediate donor and/or patient tests and interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility. May resolve compatibility problems; provide basic reference and consultation services to hospitals and transfusion services. May perform automated and manual test procedures on blood samples. Adhere to explicit standard operating procedures and interpret test results in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements. All tasks are performed in highly regulated environment. SuccessfulLab Technicianswill have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
Lab Technician responsibilities include:
· May perform telephone consultation including receiving and completing orders for antigen negative products.
· Maintain equipment, reagents and other stock to assure the quality and accuracy of laboratory test procedures. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies and prepares reagents.
· Perform duties associated with supply and reagent management to include ordering, receiving, inspection, preparation, and quality control of supplies and reagents.
· Perform duties associated with receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of patient and donor blood samples.
· May perform and interpret basic donor and/or patient testing procedures, guided complex serologic problem resolution and complete required quality control, as appropriate to state and federal regulations.
· May perform guided complex serologic problem resolution.
· Recognize testing irregularities, identify the cause, determine the solution and resolve the problem or refers it to the appropriate level.
· May perform manufacturing duties associated with special blood products, if applicable.
· Perform inventory management, coordination and shipment duties associated with donor product inventory including the maintence of the exceptional and rare donor products.
· May perform antigen typing duties, as applicable.
· Perform labeling and verification of blood products.
· May perform duties associated with document development and management.
· Adhere to procedures and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
· Maintain, edit and review computer and manual records to assure accurate record keeping. Maintain accurate, legible and complete records.
· May perform internal staff training and/or competency review, if applicable.
· Perform other related duties as necessary. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Good written and verbal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers. Basic understanding of basic computer applications including Word. Must be able to work independently and demonstrate independent problem solving skills. On call responsibilities for holiday rotation.
· Bachelor's degree with major in biological science or chemistry with 1 year experience of laboratory testing or MLT (ASCP) certification or equivalent required. Three years of blood bank experience desired.
· All technician jobs require good computer skills, attention to detail, accurate documentation and good decision making skills.
· Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
· Training may occur on day or evening shift. After training, schedule is Monday-Friday day Shift.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
Current Search Criteria
American Red Cross
Medical Lab Technician (ASCP - M...
A Service of DirectEmployers
Become a Member
Include Jobs for Free
Schedule a Demo