Rubius is seeking a Research Scientist to join the Bioprocessing team to help establish and develop the production process for our Red Cell Therapeutics platform. The candidate will work directly with a team of scientists to optimize, scale-up, and characterize the novel cell therapy platform. The candidate will be involved in experimental design, hands-on manipulation of ex vivo derived cells, and analysis of a variety of generated data sets. This will be a great opportunity to be exposed to aspects of stem cell biology as well as process development in a translational context. We are searching for enthusiastic and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable multitasking and working independently on various aspects of the cell therapy production platform.
* Optimization and development of novel methods in ex vivo cell production and separation of engineered RCTs.
* Utilize Centrifugation, Ultra/Micro Filtration and separation techniques to isolate and separate cells from plasma.
* Performing cell and process analysis including phenotype analysis using flow cytometry, cell morphological analysis, potency assays and reporting results to scientific team and executive management.
* Generating and communicating experimental plans to optimize yields of RCTs generated at various scales
* Design and implement bioreactor experiments and scalable control strategies for optimization of both cell-growth and bioproduction processes
* Monitor lab and pilot processes to ensure consistency, reliability, and readiness for scale. Work with team members in the development of the final process design, process protocols and guidelines for best practices to minimize process problems during scale efforts and production.
* Design and execute appropriate scale based develop worAdvise on equipment specifications and where needed procurement efforts
* Perform molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA subcloning, cell transformation, cell culture, and biochemical assay development.
Skills & Abilities
* Strong Cell Processing skill filtration, centrifugation, and cell/ plasma separation via ultrafiltration, microfiltration and other separation techniques.
* Experience with process development in cell therapies and design of experiments methodology.
* Knowledge of hematopoietic stem cell and mammalian biology.
* Knowledge of nanotechnology and microfluidic systems
* Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
* Motivated, curious, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
* Comfortable delivering against challenging commitments.
* Confident, execution focused, team-oriented, with an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education & Experience
* PhD, MS or equivalent in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry or related field.
* 2-10 years of relevant laboratory experience, in academic, pharmaceutical or biotechnology settings.
* Demonstrated ability in working with highly skilled teams in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and technical environment.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?