HCA Holdings, Inc
Oviedo, FL, United States
Biotech, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Medical Technologist, you will perform stat and routine clinical laboratory testing in technical discipline areas in which individuals and departments are licensed under the direction of a Laboratory Supervisor, Manager or Director. You will perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements and apply theoretical concepts of laboratory medicine using independent judgement to ensure timely and accurate results. You will also maintain licensure, competency, and will regulatory schedule in Blood Bank, Chemistry, and Hematology sections of the laboratory. You will perform non-technical duties including, but not limited to specimen collection, processing and referral testing within the department as required. Finally, you will support the department in achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
* Become proficient with information system computer functions relative to job duties
* Demonstrate responsibility and accountability in the performance of accurate and timely laboratory testing
* Work in an organized manner and perform according to section procedure manual so that other personnel can follow workflow
* Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
* Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
* Consistently complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
* Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
* Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (including performing delta checks, etc.)
* Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
* Perform quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation
* Assure that quality control results are within acceptable guidelines and parameters
* Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
* Assist supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
* Operate all equipment correctly and perform periodic maintenance according to schedule
* Demonstrate the ability to perform equipment troubleshooting to resolve basic equipment malfunctions
* Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories and utilize them appropriately
* Maintain education and development appropriate for position
* Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results according to established procedures and in a timely manner
You Should Have:
* A Year/Associate Degree, Science Post Graduate Degree (Required)
* A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology (Preferred)
* A State of Florida Technologist Licence (Required) OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
* 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting
*Additional Information: *
* You should be available to work during disasters
* The ability to frequently stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move, and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List. Join our tradition of excellence! We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued?
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Medical LaboratoryTech II PRN
Location: Florida-Oviedo-Oviedo Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26610-8004
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.