The Executive Director, BD&L, will lead the development and execution of overall BD&L strategy, including strategy for engaging new customers, expanding business with existing customers, identifying and negotiating deals, and forming strategic partnerships or alliances with other organizations, such as CROs, device manufacturers or diagnostic companies to support Navigate Biopharma (Navigate) product/service expansion strategy. The Executive Director will also support the development of short-term and long-term Navigate corporate strategy, including R&D portfolio strategy and global geographic expansion strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead a team of 2 associates, provide overall leadership with respect to BD&L strategy and execution, identify and develop new clients, and grow business from existing clients
• Lead and/or coordinate interactions with prospective and existing clients, develop and implement scientific and marketing activities to drive awareness and promote Navigate Biopharma services
• Identify and negotiate licensing deals. Evaluate, negotiate and form strategic alliance/partnership with external organizations to strengthen and/or expand our product/service offerings, and/or our geographic presence
• Work with laboratory leaders and finance team to develop/update our pricing strategy, as our product/service portfolio and/or market evolves
• Coordinate project proposal review with scientific, finance and legal teams, drive for contract/budget negotiations, and collaborate with Navigate internal functional teams to ensure organization readiness for delivering the services
• Support the development of overall Navigate corporate strategy, provide input into R&D portfolio strategy, lab operations & logistics, project management/client services, finance/billing, etc.
• Provide regular updates regarding key industry trends, such as new scientific/clinical advancements, new technology developments, latest competitive trends, and their implications
• Coach and develop team members
• At least 12-15 years of BD&L experience in biomarker diagnostic, and/or CRO business development or related experience, and must demonstrate strong commercial and scientific acumen, for example:
o Capable of creating business plan, promoting the commercial/clinical value of existing or future Navigate products/services using diverse channels (e.g. congress, internet), identifying potential targets, and driving awareness, usage as well as advocacy by new and existing clients
o Capable of devising innovative partnership or licensing structures
o Capable of quickly developing a high-level understanding of complex technical and scientific issues and communicating this understanding in a clear manner
• Knowledgeable about drug development process, including operational/logistical aspects of assay development, clinical trial testing, and companion diagnostics support. Experience with FDA regulations governing clinical trials(e.g. GCP, GXP, GMP); knowledge of 21 CFR is a plus
• Strong network in pharma, biotech, and/or diagnostic industry, ability to grow new clients and/or expand existing ones
• Experience with alliance and/or partnership management, due diligence reviews, cross-organizational collaborations
• Capable of proactively making trade-off decisions under resource constraints, while driving business success through prioritization, innovation and focus
• Excellent client facing, interpersonal and communication skills, as well as exceptional written, verbal and presentation abilities
• Good understanding of IP regulations in the industry, an essential for structuring partnerships and deals
• Experience in working with global labs (e.g. EU, China) is a plus
• Experience in working in service based organization
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field
• Advanced degree in science and/or business strongly preferred (MBA, PhD, PharmD., MD). Consideration will be given to candidates with comparable education and experience
• Minimum of 15 years related experience in the pharmaceutical (oncology), biotechnology, or clinical research industries
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply for this job at https://novartis.contacthr.com/60598460
View More Novartis Jobs
Website : https://www.novartis.com/
Our mission is to care and cure. We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.