HCA Holdings, Inc
Lake City, FL, United States
Biotech, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Sciences
IRL is seeking a dynamic, motivated hospital based Lab Supervisor like you to join our organization. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, tuition reimbursement, and employee stock purchase program.
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Supervisor with IRL, you will:
* Supervise technical and/or non-technical laboratory personnel and daily operations in assigned areas/shifts to achieve organization and regulatory requirements.
* Supervise processes, service levels, and regulatory compliance in assigned areas. Functional areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to technical discipline areas in which department is licenses, specimen collection, specimen processing and specimen referral testing. Perform technical and non-technical duties in assigned areas of responsibility as required.
* Develop, implements, and monitors new policies and processes.
* Develop monitoring systems for the collection, documentation and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors results
* Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates in MOR. Takes action immediately, as needed, to rectify problems.
* Be responsible to ensure the weekly and monthly corporate key indicators are an accurate measurement of past and current performance for a basis for proactive response to a changing environment.
* Prepares and submits capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
* Evaluate existing systems and processes and develops corrective action plans for service/quality trends identified Initiates changes and monitors for improvement.
* Ensure that departments proactively respond to feedback from customers (internal and external) and implements improvement mechanisms to enhance the overall ability of the department to meet the customer’s needs for laboratory services.
* You will also be responsible for achieving department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, personnel management, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities in areas of responsibility.
* Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs; participates in MOR. Takes action immediately, as needed, to rectify problems
* Ensure the weekly and monthly corporate key indicators are an accurate measurement of past and current performance for a basis for proactive response to a changing environment.
* Ensure legal and ethical practices are always maintained.
* Prepare and submits capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
* Monitor and evaluates the activities of the staff and provides management, coaching, guidance, delegation opportunities, and on-the-job training and re-training as necessary to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures; fosters
* Maintain department education files, including new employee orientation checklist, equipment training checklist, mandatory in-service attendance confirmation and continuing education
* Review all department employee job descriptions at least annually and revises, as needed. Provides employees with a new job description if substantive changes are made.
* Screen, interview and select qualified individuals for open positions within the department.open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions from staff regarding department operations.
* Develop and monitors improvement action plans, as needed, to correct poor job performance.
* Initiate counseling and discipline according to policies and procedures.
* Perform termination, status changes, and other personnel actions are completed in a timely fashion.
* Review and approves payroll time sheets, purchasing requisitions, check requests, and scheduling requests.
* Ensure employee injuries are reported within specified time frames and IRL policy/procedure for work related injuries is followed and support.
* Complete and conduct performance evaluations for all staff under direct supervision after three months of employment and annually, in a timely manner.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
*If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications and are actively interviewing so apply today. *
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You will have:
* A Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology
* A State of Florida Supervisor's License or be able to obtain during interview process
* 5 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
* Prior supervisory experience is a plus
* Licensure in 3 specialty areas is helpful
Title: Hospital Laboratory Supervisor
Location: Florida-Lake City-Lake City Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26610-7262IRL2
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.