Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Manager Sourcing (Outside Lab Services)
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Summary: Responsible for developing and leading the Category Management of Outside Lab Services. Works closely with key stakeholders in IOPS Quality Control organizations to develop and implement effective Sourcing strategies. Supports Quality Control sourcing activities in support of third party analytical testing. Nurtures stakeholder relationships by serving as a business partner; helping to identify critical business requirements and providing Strategic Sourcing & Procurement services that meet or exceed expectations. Leverages market and supplier knowledge to drive lower Total Cost of Ownership strategies.
Leads initiatives and proactively identifies areas of opportunity for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiency. Provides insight to the business unit on how to best develop and leverage Supplier capabilities for the organization(s). Strong understanding of Procurement Transformation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for end to end Category Management of the Outside Lab Services category; including the development of a category strategy, execution of the category strategic sourcing plan, and projects to optimize value. Conducts opportunity analysis, supplier competitive landscape, developing bid lists; evaluates proposals, supplier selection, supplier relationship management (SRM), process optimization and execution of commercial agreements.
• Proactively drives strategic sourcing activities in collaboration with stakeholders to complete procurement objectives and align category strategy with functional business goals and objectives. Leads Supplier Relationship Management cross-functional teams. Collaborates with internal stakeholders and suppliers to implement and manage efficient and effective supplier relationships. Develops and manages vendor relationships and issue resolution of moderate to high complexity, supports project team in resolution of performance issues.
• Effectively develops and analyzes global Outside Lab Services market opportunities and converts to actionable Procurement sourcing strategies.
• Evaluates operational effectiveness and identifies new processes that will make the QC External Testing procurement process more efficient.
• Assists internal stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities/processes to influence improvement in service, quality, delivery, and cost and optimal payment terms.
• Leads and facilitates applicable and relevant Category Management Projects.
• Educates end-users on Procurement policies and procedures through daily interactions.
• Acts as a project lead as part of a team on various projects to ensure Procurement goals are met.
• Develops and implements Continuous Improvement (CI) processes relevant to the Outside Lab Services categories including identifying and implementing significant cost savings opportunities.
• Develops, leads, coaches, and directs the QC IOPS Procurement Team.
• Independently authors contractual documents; designs and revises templates as required.
• Member of cross-functional teams - leads meetings as appropriate and influences line functions.
• Approximately 20% travel (mainly domestic, some international travel may be required).
Education and Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 7 years of related experience and out of that experience 3 years of experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment or other regulated environment
• Category management and strategic sourcing experience required
• Demonstrated experience with supplier relationship management (SRM)
• External analytical or testing lab experience preferred
• Contract development and management experience
• Experience with Oracle or a similar ERP Solution
• Expert in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point,Visio) and MS Outlook
• Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, and/or other continuous improvement methodologies
• Experience leading teams
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of category technologies and products
• Robust people skills that include developing strong relationships and solving problems
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Strong project management skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Acts with integrity in every aspect of the work and in line with Regeneron values
• Makes decisions that put scientific and professional integrity and patient safety first
• Treats other Regeneron employees with respect regardless of their positions or roles
• Uses diplomacy and tact when communicating difficult news
• Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, knowledge, experience and judgment
• Translates business objectives into actionable priorities
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Website : http://www.regeneron.com/
Our first approved product, ARCALYST® (rilonacept), an anti-inflammatory agent, has been available to patients in the U.S. since 2008. In late 2011, we launched EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, also known in the scientific literature as VEGF Trap-Eye and Intravitreal Aflibercept Injection, and received approval from the FDA for a second indication in September 2012. In August 2012, Regeneron and Sanofi, obtained FDA approval for ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion.