Strategic Account Specialist, Inside
Job ID #:8921
Germantown (MD), US
This role is responsible for enhancing customer satisfaction, building customer relationships and selling the company's products and services within the assigned territory. This role utilizes business by phone principles to interact with customers, who may include lab scientists, lab managers, principal investigators, medical directors, and finance. S/he manages a territory, closes opportunities and develops a plan to achieve assigned quota. Target Account Segments, including but not limited to supports diverse account segments including life sciences, molecular diagnostics and market development businesses
- Sales Revenue/Budgets: Meet or exceed sales targets for all products and assigned business objectives. Develop tactical plans to maximize revenues.
- Strategy: Implement corporate strategy in defined accounts. Negotiate contracts and execute pricing strategy to maintain existing business and expand development of new business.
- Customer Focus: Enhance customer satisfaction and increase our competitive advantage while building trust and relationships with customers through consultative selling. Develop strong relationships with customers.
- Planning/Forecasting: Develop and execute an effective business plan within assigned territory. Forecast within accuracy guidelines. Perform daily pre-call planning for increased sales effectiveness.
- Business/Markets: Recognize market trends and gain competitive intelligence within territory. Communicate market information through business teams, SFDC imput, and/or other approved channels. Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities in defined area.
- Manage Resources: Involve and support team members to achieve mutual company goals and objectives. Daily use of SFDC database for input and output of customer information to increase sales effectiveness. Meet expense budget guidelines.
- Decision Making: Execute sound business decisions based on relevant information, take calculated risks as necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor Degree in Biological Science preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of laboratory or clinical experience, or proven aptitude for laboratory or clinical techniques.
- Miniumum of 1 year proven sales experience.
- Wide range of knowledge of molecular biology applications and products. Knowledge of QIAGEN products preferred.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently while under guidance of manager.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills for all business levels.
- Professional Phone Etiquette.
- Proven ability to sell to all levels within customer organization heirarchy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
QIAGEN is the leading provider of innovative technologies and products for preanalytical sample preparation and molecular diagnostics solutions. We have developed a comprehensive portfolio of more than 500 proprietary, consumable products and automated solutions for sample collection, and nucleic acid and protein handling, separation, and purification. We also supply diagnostic kits, tests, and assays for human and veterinary molecular diagnostics. Our products are sold to academic research markets, and to leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as well as to diagnostics laboratories. QIAGEN also provides purification and testing solutions to applied testing markets such as forensics, animal or food testing, and pharmaceutical process control.