needed for a contract
opportunity with Yoh Scientific's client located in Whippany, NJ.
The ideal candidate will have an educational background in Biomedical Life Sciences or Medicine
and extensive experience navigating Scientific and Medical Databases
-Retrieve and analyze high quality data from commercial medical, science and business online and web-based databases for a diverse internal customer base as well as Bayer legal department with unique and complex information requirements.
-Provide critical information with a direct influence on Bayer R&D business decisions.
-Handle confidential information requests within strict timelines and interact with key decision makers and upper management in local and global groups.
-Identify, evaluate, and implement new information sources, databases, applications and techniques with focus on text and data mining for Bayer project leaders and management.
-Analyze site information training needs and direct the development and implementation of all end-user training programs needed to teach users how to search a variety of complex desktop electronic resources. Design and prepare all instructional materials for end-users
- Manage end-user electronic database services, new database product trials and product implementation library information systems collection management services and proprietary information services.
- Partner with vendors/suppliers to customize solutions and programs for database access and use in computer network environment.
- Serve as information management consultant to departments seeking solutions for optimum ways of monitoring scientific literature, real-time news, and for determining best database sources to meet their critical information needs.
- Monitor current developments in information science and technology and/or other subject specialties and pursue a program of personal/professional development to improve skills in these areas.
- Develop strong partnerships with internal customers to ensure an understanding of their business goals and scientific objectives. Determine how published and proprietary information projects relate to client's vision.
- Participate in and take senior role in site and international cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in biomedical life sciences (Pharmacology/Biology/Medicine) with a minimum 7-10 years of professional information analysis experience using advanced analysis including text mining databases and analysis vocabularies.; or Master's degree in library/information science or biomedical life sciences with a minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience; or Pharm.D. in subject specialty with a minimum 1-3 years recent experience in the field of professional information analysis in life science industry using advanced analysis technologies using databases and controlled vocabularies/thesauri.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical and corporate information services.
- In-depth advanced experience searching and evaluating commercial medical, science and/or business online and web-based databases and advanced working knowledge of library systems, acquisitions, and cataloging systems.
- Advanced experience writing programs, configuring and designing record formats in automated library systems.
- Experience in the field of information analysis using databases and controlled vocabularies
- Excellent analytical/technical knowledge.
- High degree of confidentiality, flexibility, initiative, and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate supervisory and team-leadership skills.
Opportunity is Calling, Apply Now!
Recruiter: Shayne Nelson
What's In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of the largest and legendary global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
401K Retirement Saving Plan
Life & Disability Insurance
Direct Deposit & weekly epayroll
Employee Discount Program's
Referral Bonus Program's
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here
to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Hanover. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process