Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Date Posted: 12/Feb/18
Job Title: Bioinformatician- Genomics
Description: Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek - - so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at ***************.
Join the fast-paced, high-performance Genomics R & D team in developing novel and profitable product offerings that help advance human health and cure cancer. Youll discover what we really are - inventors, scientists, engineers and visionaries working together to deliver the products and services that enable our customers to answer significant biological questions. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join our team of informatics and software experts. As part of this team, you will contribute to the analysis of genomics data and design of novel software and analysis techniques. As a member of the new Agilent business--Diagnostics and Genomics Group, you will play a key role in the success of our business through the development and implementation of novel genomics and molecular biology solutions.
* Analysis of genomics data and apply statistical methodologies to answer key questions for clinical research and assay development.
* Hands-on development of bioinformatics pipelines and efficient scripting to analyze and perform statistics on DNA-seq, RNA-seq data.
* Hands-on development of customer facing software tools and pipelines for analyzing microarray, next generation sequencing or other genomic data.
* Extend existing algorithms and implement new algorithms, quality control metrics and analyses summaries
* Present results of analyses in a succinct and clear manner using relevant graphs, summaries and statistical evaluations and validation results
* Design architecture for strategies to efficiently handle large datasets
* Develop plugins and connectors to integrate existing internal /third party analyses.
* Coordinate and facilitate communications with other departments and/or commercial vendors to identify, investigate and resolve significant software issues and questions and to ensure proper functioning of software systems.
* Maintain, document and test current code base
Qualifications: * PhD or MS in bioinformatics, genetics, statistics, mathematical, physical, or computer science or a related discipline with significant experience in computer programming and computational biological applications
* 5 years of scientific programming experience writing Python, Java/C Code on mid-large size applications/pipelines. Find, extract and prepare/clean data for analysis.
* Skills in performing exploratory data analysis and statistical inference is required
* Ability to design, develop, maintain and test production level code and working in team environment. Assist development team in operationalizing solutions.
* Solid background in statistics and mathematics is highly desired
* Background in biology is desired. A background in genomics is strongly preferred.
* Knowledge of public biological databases, tools, and repositories is desired.
* Demonstrated knowledge with cloud-computing, e.g. interacting with or developing in OpenStack or AWS solutions/systems is desired
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-************ (US and Canada only) or email ***********************. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Business: Diagnostics and Genomics Group
Job Category: R & D
Job Sub-Category: R & D
Country or Area: United States
Town/City: Santa Clara
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Experienced
Travel Required: Occasional
(Temp Positions Only): Not applicable
HR Country Location: United States
HR Town/City Location : Santa Clara
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Website : http://www.agilent.com/
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals: