The Xavier group is in search of a highly motivated and capable Research Scientist to join our multidisciplinary team working on targeting the regulatory networks governing gut mucosal immune responses for therapeutic impact. The primary role involves a combination of cellular pharmacology and target validation studies. This includes the development and implementation of critical experiments for target validation of autophagy genes linked to inflammation by genetic studies, cell-based assay development and implementation, and the development of approaches to assess mechanism of action.
• Design, plan, and execute cell-based, biochemical, and in vivo experiments necessary to validate target genes for therapeutic discovery.
• Maintain cell lines and isolate primary cells for use in cell-based assays.
• Work with informatics and computational scientists to integrate and interpret screening and functional genomic data sets.
• Perform detailed characterization and cellular mechanism of action studies of chemically optimized compounds.
• Work with team to design and execute research plans to ensure that critical project requirements, timelines, and deliverables are met.
• Troubleshoot and solve scientific problems independently.
• Identify, investigate and implement new technologies based on scientific needs.
• Effectively present results in cross-functional project teams.
· Ph.D. in Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology or a related life science field with at least 5 years of research experience in an academic setting focusing on autophagy, innate immunity, or host-pathogen interactions .
· Excellent publication record
· A proven record of successful interactions within multidisciplinary teams.
· Cell-based assay development experience is required with special emphasis on functional genomic methods for target validation (e.g. shRNA, CRISPR).
· Significant experience in cell culture techniques including use of mammalian cell lines and primary human cells. Experience working with mouse models is a plus.
The successful candidate will be a results-focused, team-oriented, creative, bench scientist, able to excel in a fast-track environment. He or she must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and exhibit strong problem solving skills. In addition, the successful candidate should be a clear and effective communicator, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills to enable collaboration with project teams, peers, and management in identifying and achieving research goals.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Partner's Healthcare is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: