HCA Holdings, Inc
Largo, FL, United States
Biotech, Clinical Research, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical
Position will call for weekends and holidays as needed.
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Section Coordinator like you to join our organization! We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment (Spring 2019).
IRL is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
As a Section Coordinator, you will coordinate the activities of technical and/or non-technical functions of the department on assigned shifts under the supervision of the department supervisor, manager or director. Functional areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to technical discipline areas in which department is licensed, specimen collection, specimen processing and specimen referral testing. You will perform technical and non-technical duties in assigned areas of responsibility as required.
Key duties include, but are not limited to coordination of quality control, scheduled equipment maintenance, personnel training, regulatory inspection preparation, and scheduling.
*You Will: *
* Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
* Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results
* Perform quality control procedures per protocol, completes necessary documentation
* Assist supervisor and/or department head in assuring that quality control is performed as scheduled
* Assist supervisor and/or department head in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, etc.)
* Analyze testing samples according to instructions and ensure they are completed within the allowable time frame
* Assist supervisor and/or department head in training department personnel
* Ensure that equipment is operated correctly and periodic maintenance is performed according to schedule
* Demonstrate proficiency in operation of the laboratory equipment and automation
* Utilize reagents and supplies appropriately and maintains appropriate inventory
* Prioritize, perform, or delegate laboratory testing based on accurate patient information, evaluation of staff competencies, productivity guidelines, recognized standards of care, and department policies & procedures
* Provide constructive feedback and updates to the Laboratory Manager to ensure overall operations run smoothly and consistently within facility-wide objectives
* Demonstrate ability to lead staff through positive example, maintains effective rapport with others and gains cooperation to effectively deliver department services
* Maintain laboratory section(s) in accordance with regulatory agencies
* Provide department leadership in the absence of the department supervisor or head
You Should Have:
* A 2-Year or Associate Degree in Science
* A 4-Year or Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is beneficial
* 3-5 years as a Medical Technologist
* A State of Florida Supervisor's License OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
* Licensing in the following areas: Blood Bank, Chemistry/Hematology, Histology/Cytology, Serology/Immunology
IRL is a member of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies and ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 List.. Join our tradition of excellence! We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Non Technical Laboratory Coordinator
Location: Florida-Largo-IRL - North Florida
Requisition ID: 26610-8047
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.