To provide reagents, services and support to scientific staff of Manufacturing and R&D departments, and assist in enhancing departmental effectiveness and success.
Excellent opportunities for career advancement. Please take some time to visit ****to find out what makes Promega such a unique and dynamic place to work.
1. In a timely manner, prepare, document and deliver quality reagents that meet set specifications. Independently develop new formulations and supporting documentation for new reagents as required. Recommend specifications for new formulations.
2. Perform in-process, routine and quality control testing methods for reagent preparations and service support. Assist others or independently develop new testing methods to meet departmental and customer needs. Recommend specifications for new testing methods.
3. Follow departmental training, SOP, procedure and protocol documentation as required. Independently develop modifications and improvements to existing procedures and protocols.
4. Follow departmental and company policies and keep work areas clean and free from clutter. Identify unsafe situations, processes or procedures and seeks resolution.
5. Summarize work for monthly reports and departmental metrics for self and possibly other staff. May prepare special reports as required.
6. Interpersonal Interactions: effectively resolves peer conflicts within department and actively participates in departmental meetings.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. May be asked to assist in leading small projects or teams within the department.
2. May contribute in collecting information to support budget for department.
3. May provide support to glassware preparation staff as required.
4. May be asked to conduct interviews for potential departmental candidates, and provide training support to supervisor or manager for new employees.
1. Associate degree in biological sciences or chemistry with a minimum of 2 years of college chemistry, and 2 years media preparation experience; or bachelor’s degree in biological science or chemistry.
2. Two years experience in laboratory preparation of buffer solutions, reagents, and culture media. Ability to perform aseptic technique and utilize sterile hoods, and excellent attention to detail in executing laboratory operations.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform calculations involving solution concentrations, dilutions, and pH.
4. Ability to safely and effectively operate pH meters, conductivity meters, balances, autoclaves, peristaltic pumps, vacuum pumps, filtering apparatus, and laboratory mixing equipment.
5. Demonstrated documentation skills in a laboratory environment.
6. Excellent communication skills must be able to interact with scientific staff from Manufacturing and R&D departments.
7. Good computer skills in Windows and Excel are essential.
8. Demonstrates effective team interaction and teamwork.
1. Previous experience in reagent preparations in a laboratory setting.
2. Project management experience, including project design, leading teams, and executing project plans.
1. Ability to safely handle and transport glassware and laboratory items up to 20 liters and/or 50 pounds.
2. Ability to satisfy physical requirements to using a respirator and other safety equipment (lab coats, safety goggles, etc.).
3. Ability to work with computer and laboratory equipment.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.