SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support and participate in all IACUC duties including:
- Screen protocols for completeness.
- Assist clients when necessary on protocol development.
- Distribute amendments and deviations as needed.
- Prepare agendas and distribute protocols and other materials to IACUC members.
- Send out annual progress report reminders to client
- Send out approval letters to clients.
- Review all documentation before submitting to QA.
- Maintain records of protocols and IACUC minutes of meetings.
- Maintain records of procedures, program reviews and facility inspection reports
- Coordinate and schedule the IACUC monthly meetings. Maintain Quality Program
- Be involved in improving processes and implementation via SOP review, random document review, walkthrough, feedback from management, etc.
- Spot check animal holding facilities to verify all documentation during ongoing projects.
- Serving as an information resource for investigators and IACUC members regarding status of protocols and GLP studies.
- Support equipment scheduling calibration & maintenance program, maintain records.
In addition to the above, the position is required to support the GLP Program as needed within the following areas:
NIH/IACUC - assurance requirements
USDA - bi-annual audits - unscheduled audits - license requirements
QA: - GLP Project notebook (Master Schedule), QA audits - Quarterly internal business unit/facility audits - Water quality monitoring - Equipment: oversight of scheduling calibration & maintenance, maintain records - Support GLP Report compilation and associated functions related to compilation (archiving, review, etc.) - Act as a member of QAU SOP: - document control - processing
SOP revisions, implementation of new SOPs, lab master updates Other duties as assigned.
Special Factors: Must be able to work independently, exercise good judgment, and use diplomacy and tact in dealing with internal and external customers. Background or coursework in quality assurance a plus. Bachelor's degree in biological science or animal science preferred.
Certification with AALAS, or RAPS beneficial
Entry level or 1 - 2 years experience
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Job Type: Full-time