Cytogenetics Technologist - Certified
Chat with a Recruiter
********This position is responsible for the performance of high complexity processes within the realm of molecular cytogenetics. Molecular cytogenetics testing uses the methods of microarray and chimerism studies to provide results for diagnosis, management, and clinical decisions for patients with germline and acquired genetic disorders. Professional judgment, knowledge, skills, and attention to detail are essential to accurate and timely genetic testing.
- Performs high complexity laboratory procedures in different laboratory sections.
o Chromosomal Microarray
o STR - Monitoring Engraftment
- Perform continuous quality assurance and quality improvement activities
- Performs appropriate procedures to ensure scientific and technological accuracy and precision.
- Ability to exercise judgment under stress of high risk, high volume work
- Bachelor's Degree in Science
- 1 year of laboratory experience preferred, not required
- CG(ASCP) or MB(ASCP) or MT(ASCP) Certification preferred, not required.
- Candidate will be required to obtain CG(ASCP) certification
- Ability to use or learn to use the Laboratory Information System, Imaging and Karyotyping system