Laboratory Instrument Services (LIS) Technician
Job Title : Laboratory Instrument Services (LIS) Technician
Location : La Jolla, CA
Duration : 36 Months
Perform preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and calibration of multi-vendor laboratory equipment such as incubators, plate washers, centrifuges and general analytical equipment. Provide general direction and work prioritization for vendor contracted maintenance support.
Biohazardous Agent work (such as menigiditis, staph aureus, Lenti Virus, streph pneumoniae)
Hearing conservation area/environment
Associate Degree in Science, Electronics or Engineering Technology is required.
A BS in Chemistry, Physics or Engineering is preferred. Equivalent experience in engineering or metrology services will be considered
Three to five years working in a laboratory environment preferred.
Preferred experience in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech Industry, with historical experience maintaining analytical laboratory Equipment
1. Repair, maintain and calibrate simple and complex pharmaceutical research and development laboratory equipment.
2. Communicate clearly, understand and acknowledge verbal instructions, and be able to read and interpret work from work orders and task instructions.
3. Maintain basic computer skills necessary to access CMMS (EAMS) work order system, update equipment history, process, document, and report results of all work performed, and access parts/material inventory management system.
4. Provide support to contractors, vendors, and scientists in a manner consistent with established work practices and quality standards. May be called upon to provide Vendor/OEM escorts for specialty repairs.
5. Perform assigned PMs and calibrations on laboratory equipment, and report changes or repairs needed. Instrument types include but are not limited to: mass spectrometers, HPLCs, autosamplers, plate readers, and analyzers.
6. Perform required administrative duties. For example: preparation of parts and assets for shipping, management of spare parts (replenish stock, organize, create inventory, etc.), asset inventory, maintenance of service records, equipment manuals specifications and technical reference materials.
7. Execute small projects which may include minor equipment installations, configurations, modifications, and moves.
8. Maintain elements of department documentation such as service reports, parts ordering, inventory, and PM schedules.