Temp Research Associate cell-based assay development and HTS
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Bioassay Group in the Therapeutic Proteins Department seeks a highly motivated and passionate Research Associate to join a fast-paced, dynamic group involved in cell-based assay development and high-throughput screening in early oncology and immunology drug development. The ideal candidate should have experience developing, optimizing, and troubleshooting bioassays for small molecules, biologics, and/or antibody drug conjugates.
1) Develop, optimize, and execute cell-based assays in 96 and 384 well formats (viability/cytotoxicity, luciferase reporter, membrane potential, and internalization assays)
2) Screen small molecules, biologics, and antibody drug conjugates for functional activity using cell-based assays in 96 and 384 well formats
3) Culture human cell lines and human primary cells
4) Engineer cell lines and characterize via flow cytometry and/or imaging
5) Operate flow cytometers (iQue, Cytoflex), high content imaging instruments (Opera Phenix, Imagexpress), and plate readers (Victor, Envision, Ensight)
6) Provide weekly presentations/verbal updates to manager
7) Document findings in ELN and databases
Masters with 0-4 years relevant experience or bachelors 2-4 years relevant experience
Human cell culture
Human cell line engineering
Cell-based assay development in microtiter plates (96 or 384 well)
High throughput screening (small molecules and/or biologics)
Experience operating Flow cytometers, plate readers, high content imaging instruments, and/or FLIPR
Experience developing and troubleshooting viability, luciferase, flow cytometry, and/or internalization assays
Excellent communication and team-work skills
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneronâ€™s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.