Rubius is seeking a Research Associate to join the Discovery team to help develop, and advance Red Cell Therapeutic prototypes from idea creation to proof of principle. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, technically competent and able to efficiently work across multiple projects. The candidate will design and execute a variety of in vitro experiments, prepare and analyze samples for in vivo experiment, and analyze data including calculations of enzyme activities. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
* Work closely with a team of scientists in the Discovery team with a focus on enzymes
* Develop and perform enzyme activity assays
* Genetically modify mammalian cells and assess protein expression by flow cytometry and western blot analysis
* Preparation and analysis of samples for in vivo studies
* Independent data analysis as well as calculations for enzyme activity
* Following and developing SOPs
* Proper notebook record keeping and communication of experimental plans and data to scientific teams
* Will be part of a cross-functional team which includes biochemists, biologists, pharmacologists, immunologists, and oncologists and will contribute to research programs across multiple therapeutic modalities.
* Deep knowledge of protein biochemistry especially enzymology as well as cell biology
* Strong experimental skills, including handling of recombinant proteins, reproducible execution and development of enzyme activity assays, handling and genetic modification of primary and established mammalian cell lines, flow cytometry, molecular biology, western blot analysis and in vivo model development
* Passionate about working at the bench to independently troubleshoot experiments and contribute to research directions
* Detail oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working with highly technical projects and personnel
* Highly adaptable and responsive to delivering for challenging commitments
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Team oriented with strong work ethics
* Required: BS in Biochemistry, Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
* Preferred: MS in Biochemistry, Biology, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
* 2-5 years of relevant laboratory experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?